Hello and welcome to our “Civil War” Hauger History Podcast overviewing the events leading to secession of Southern States, and a war of more than four years and 600,000 deaths resulting from the conflict.
Some of the key events of this podcast include:
- Differences in perspectives about the causes of the Civil War. (examples are the contrast in learning in Houston vs San Francisco public schools that I researched)
- The fighting and devastation taking place mostly in Southern States.
- Robert E Lee was desired to be a general in the North, how that could have changed the course of events of the Civil War.
- President Lincoln thought a volunteer army could end the conflict in 90 days in a relatively simple process to what actually enrolled.
- Strategies of the Union and Confederate Armies going into the War.
- Early Confederate victories at Fort Sumter and Bull Run.
- Technology of war improves, more accurate, more deadly.
- Twice as many die of disease, poor sanitation
- Thanks for listening, you can find the Hauger History Podcast on YouTube at the Danny Hauger Channel, at Haugerhistory.podbean.com, on itunes, or on Twitter @HaugerHistory. (www.dannyhauger.com)