Ep 26 Andrew Jackson and the Battle of the Alamo for 8th Graders recorded January 9th, 2017 for the 8th Grade Class. In this podcast, we answer the following questions.
- Explain the appeal of Andrew Jackson that made him favorable to the common American at the time.
- What was the Trail of Tears? Why effects did it have?
- Explain the potential economic benefit of a protective tariff?
(Henry Clay / Stephen Austin) supported the Presidential selection of John Adams over Jackson.
- (John Adams / Andrew Jackson) won the popular vote in the election of 1824.
- (The Tariff of Abominations / Trail of Tears) hurt business in the South because of increased production costs.
7. Describe the Spoils System
And a lot more, subscribe, tune in, and turn it up for some History! Thanks for listening! Check out our Hauger History videos on YouTube too!