Watch the video version of this U.S. History test review on YouTube. This podcast will recap some, of the major moments in the Civil Rights Movement of United States History, specifically looking from Brown vs. Board of Education in the Supreme Court, through the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Voting Rights, and more. Some of the main topics that I want my students to understand are:
- How do the American Ideals Progress during the Civil Rights Era Movement?
- NAACP - how did they advance issues and challenge segregation?
- Brown vs Board of Education
- Civil Rights Act
- Voting Rights Act
- World War II
- Thurgood Marshall
- The military
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. ; nonviolent
- Little Rock, Arkansas
- Freedom Rides
- Civil Disobedience
- March on Washington, 250,000 people stand together for rights
- Breaking the color barrier in baseball, what was important about the legacy of Jackie Robinson?
- Liberty, Democracy, Equality, Rights, Freedom
Thanks for watching, listening, and subscribing.